Victor S.r.l Naval Shipyard, started operating in 1960, an extension and enlargement of the former main Esvi dockyard that made boats under the VICTOR® brand name. It is proud of having worked under dedicated management for many years and so has gained a great deal of experience, as well as invaluable know-how, in the ship-building sector, dealing with boat repairs, fixtures and fittings work and all manner of structural work or management of pleasure or sports boats, made of wood, fibreglass, different metals or steel materials.
The construction of speedboats, sailing boats or other types of Victor® crafts started in 1954 thanks to the innovative spirit of Engineer Vittorio Salvalaglio in the old Chiavari shipyard.
In 1960 the Victor Naval Shipyard, at the current address in Via Preli, was founded in a specially restored hangar.
Since 1954 to date, around 453 sailing and motor boats have been built at the shipyard, though the latter are currently more numerous, the lengths of the boats can range between 3,5 metres to 26 meters.
Since the end of the 1960's Victor Yard has collaborated with a Finnish Shipyard Oy Nautor Ab and their respective agents in Monaco (Monte Carlo) and Santa Margherita Ligure, this partnership made Victor Naval Shipyard a 'Nautor Approved and Recommended Yard' between 1984 and 1998, when Nautor modified its own managerial assets.
Among some of its future commissions, the yard plans to renovate, update and refit existing boats such as 'Swan' commissioned by Nautor, 'Yali' a 21 metre 1925 Ketch in teak from the English yard Camper and Nicholsohn, 'Rodi Island XI' a 1970 M/Yacht in steel built in Holland and lengthened from 20 metres to 23 metres, 'Bossanova' a 1986 IMS Sloop built in South Africa designed by A. Simonis.
Towards the middle of the 1950's Engineer Vittorio Salvalaglio was the first person in Italy to import plywood materials for use on boats from Germany and Finland, up until that time these materials didn't exist in our country, and so he became the sole distributor until all major national naval establishments started to use them.
Since 1984 Engineer Salvalaglio was assisted by his son Antonio who is also a naval engineer and builder, and in 2007 Antonio became General Manager when his father retired.
On 2016 Shipyard ceased activity and is now in liquidation, but it’s still possible to find drawings and technical documentation by contacting Mr. Salvalaglio who is also the sole warehouse-keeper of VICTOR® trademark.